Marvel Zombies 2

Spidey, Wolvie, X-men, Captain America, The Hulk, Fantastic Four... you get the idea.

Moderator: XIII

Mr Wallstreet

Marvel Zombies 2

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Another fun story. After 40 years of cannibalizing everything in sight, and razing the entire universe, the zombies return home to find a way to other dimensions for more food.

Back on earth, the last survivors of the zombie plague (both mutant and human) are facing extinction with their dwindling numbers. The two factions on earth, one led by T'Challa -the rightful ruler- and the other by Cortez's grandson are butting heads on what to do next. Just before things escalate into an all out war between the two the zombies return to earth.

Just as the zombies are about to eat up the last remaining people on earth, they realize they don't want to anymore. The hunger which had driven them for so long was finally gone due to the extended period of time they had gone without eating. Yay!

And then Bruce Banner turned into the Hulk and ate a bunch of people before being put down. Then the zombies agreed to live peacefully with the humans. Yay!

And then Cortez screwed everyone by sending them to an alternate dimension.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Is that the same Cortez from the 90s X-Men book?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Probably, I seem to remember him being around.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

At the start of the Marvel Zombies it is the same Cortez from the 90s X-Men book but by the time Marvel Zombies 2 picks up, it is his grandson.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Damn, that's quite a blast from the past.

CountD

Post by CountD »

Mr Wallstreet wrote:Another fun story. After 40 years of cannibalizing everything in sight, and razing the entire universe, the zombies return home to find a way to other dimensions for more food.

Back on earth, the last survivors of the zombie plague (both mutant and human) are facing extinction with their dwindling numbers. The two factions on earth, one led by T'Challa -the rightful ruler- and the other by Cortez's grandson are butting heads on what to do next. Just before things escalate into an all out war between the two the zombies return to earth.

Just as the zombies are about to eat up the last remaining people on earth, they realize they don't want to anymore. The hunger which had driven them for so long was finally gone due to the extended period of time they had gone without eating. Yay!

And then Bruce Banner turned into the Hulk and ate a bunch of people before being put down. Then the zombies agreed to live peacefully with the humans. Yay!

And then Cortez screwed everyone by sending them to an alternate dimension.

Is this a joke? I'm seriously asking.

w...t...f?

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

You must pick it up! I'm shocked as shit that you haven't yet.

CountD

Post by CountD »

maybe I'll read it at the bookstore.

I'm not mocking you, but it sounds dreadful.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

MZ isn't nearly as serious a zombie book as TWD. Kirkman has a lot of fun with the characters and much of it is tongue-in-cheek.

You need to have more confidence. After all, it's written by your (our) God, Robert Kirkman. And Robert Kirkman does not suffer Non-Belivers :mad:

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

It's a really fun read D!

Kirkman does a great job of writing Cortez's power driven, prick persona.

Goshin

Post by Goshin »

CountD wrote:maybe I'll read it at the bookstore.

I'm not mocking you, but it sounds dreadful.

u know whats funny? i did the same thing about two months ago when i saw it.

i pretty much read all the dark reign stuff and the spiderman and avengers shit in the store, then pick up my monthly x-men comic and read that one on the toilet at home.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CountD

Post by CountD »

OK, I picked it up...primarily based on the fact that I have Marvel Zombies 1 in singles.

Not bad....I"m still not buying the 'hunger just fading away', though. Kind of a convenient device...

I also lie Sean Philips art....

T'chkalla's guts falling out made me wince for a second...

Enjoyable, 7.5/10.