And so I was right

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

Astonishing X.Men and I wouldn't be too surprised to find out if she's regularly the colourist for Cassaday.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

Considering the looks of X-Men and Lone Ranger covers I wouldn't be surprised. I wonder if she's done anything other than for him.

Anyone know if Cassaday has another monthly series going or coming up?
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

I hear they're reprinting I am Legion.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Did you like "I am Legion"? I got the first volume and wasn't too excited by it. Never got the remaining two.

And yeah, Laura Martin has colored just about everything Cassaday has done I think.

MGM

Post by MGM »

I only have the first volume, which was okay, but not spectacular.

And by volume, I mean the trade DC printed a while back.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Booo!! Didn't you Dutchies have this in regular European format?

MGM

Post by MGM »

Probably, but I'd never herad of it until I ran into the DC trade.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Fair enough then.

Fasheem

Post by Fasheem »

Stocky Boy wrote: Oh by the way, Fash, not sure how 'thinly veiled' this thread was, but it was obviously directed at you, mostly. :D:p Arn as well, I'm pretty sure was all convinced it was Cassaday.
Really? I'm sure I would have guessed Sean Chen for this. I know Chen and don't know Cassaday. I think everyone decided it was Cassaday because he was credited for it on a website somewhere.
ⓒ had to change it cause the caps were driving me nuts but still don't post any of this on Facebook 'kay

William McDert

Post by William McDert »

Which is Andy and which is Sean. Am I the only one who thinks they could be related? Maybe John Cassidy is the third Stockers brother, which is where the confusion set in. I'm not funny when I'm drunk.

XIII

Post by XIII »

Fasheem wrote:Really? I'm sure I would have guessed Sean Chen for this. I know Chen and don't know Cassaday. I think everyone decided it was Cassaday because he was credited for it on a website somewhere.
No. Everybody thought it was Cassaday because of the coloring.

Stocky Boy

Post by Stocky Boy »

It could have been both. When I originally posted the image, it came from PoCultureShock and those numpties credited it to Cassaday.

Surely it's worse if you think Laura Martin on colours automatically means Cssaday on pencils. :D

... but is it Laura Martin?

Incidently, Chen told me that it wasn't him or Cassaday who came up with the costume design. It was some specifically hired concept artist. Now I want to ask Bianchi if the costume desins on his Astonishing were his. I think they were, since there's a preview issue with what I take to be his commentary over a load of concept art.