FCBD

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

XIII

FCBD

Post by XIII »

Anybody going to his local shop tomorrow for Free Comic Book Day? I'll go as usual. Want to pick the 2 Marvel books and the Image one (or maybe the Strangers in Paradise, to try it out, I don't know for sure).
My shop will have local artists, cosplayers (damn them!) and a raffle with lots of prizes.
Last year, they had Chris Weston and Elsa Charretier (look her up) doing free sketches, it was great. No big names this year though.

Tragic Angelus

Re: FCBD

Post by Tragic Angelus »

I worked at mine like I have the last few years. I did grab the two Marvel books, Riverdale, and Berlin last night when I was helping set things up. Haven't read Riverdale or Berlin yet, but I'll get to it. Just read 3 weeks worth of books so I'll get to them when I can.

XIII

Re: FCBD

Post by XIII »

Mine was pretty cool as usual. Got there at 7h30 for a 10h00 opening. Was 3rd in line. Spent the wait discussing with a good friend who was also attending.
Got the books I wanted, bought Hard-boiled HC on a whim and also the new Remender book cause the artist on it is French (Bengal).
When 2 Funko Robdz figures in a raffle. Got a Thanos sketch from Eric Van Elslande, a French artist who has a book published in the US soon (Midnight Tiger, from Action Lab next August).
All in all, a great way to spend your saturday morning.