Berger Books ar Dark Horse. Vertigo rebirth?

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

XIII

Berger Books ar Dark Horse. Vertigo rebirth?

Post by XIII »

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/vertigo- ... _medium=s1

Our muse, our dominatrix, the queen of our NYCC meetings is back at Dark Horse. With some Vertigo "remixed" and some new stuff that includes Aja on art duty.

Are you in or are you in?

Aren't you already salivating, thinking of the snorefest that will be the Dark Horse panels in the Future?

I need to change my underwear...

wolf_2099

Re: Berger Books ar Dark Horse. Vertigo rebirth?

Post by wolf_2099 »

In for the Aja book, maybe the others.

20 years is a long time ago to capitalize on success she had then, I'm not convinced she will not this out of the park.

Vertigo was the only option back then, now there are more for creators to choose from publisher wise, so she may not have the cream of the crop to pick from, if that makes sense.

MGM

Post by MGM »

Image is strong these days.

But yes, I'll check it out, absolutely. Obviously the aja book. I think I've read some Nocenti stuff before and it was alright. The other books, I'll have to see more about them (and see what the creators did).

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Image has been going strong for many many years now. Their alternative & creator owned books are just as strong as Vertigo was (maybe not in the heyday of the 80s) but since then.

Also, Is this the first work Berger has done since leaving Vertigo? I'm curious to see how she has gotten back into the swing of things.

I'm also not too familiar with Dark Horse outside of the well known titles like Hellboy, BPRD, Conan, Buffy and formerly Star Wars

XIII

Post by XIII »

She edited Surgeon X at Image lately.