WonderCon Announcements

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

WonderCon Announcements

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

There have already been a bunch of panels on Day one from Marvel and DC. DC has announced 2 new titles that caught my eye, one which I will definitely pick up.

The new titles, in a nutshell if you don't want to read the entire f'ing article, are:

Batman: Streets of Gotham by Paul Dini and Dustin Nyugen

Gotham City Sirens by Paul Dini.

Paul Dini will write both Batman: Streets of Gotham and Gotham City Sirens. Dini said that he’s still breaking down what will be in the books, saying that Streets will take place all over Gotham City and involve a lot of people – from cops to citizens to other super heroes and villains, anyone who has a connection to Batman, but don’t know who Batman is. Their perceptions will offer a different view of the character than has been seen.

“You only know Batman as much as the people he confronts know him,” Dini said of the book’s approach. Dustin Nguyen will illustrate Streets of Gotham.

As for Sirens, Dini named Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn as the leads who are thrust together out of necessity and self-preservation. This is not Gotham Girls or a humor book, Dini said, adding that this will be a new take on the characters in a way that readers haven’t seen before. “Yeah it’s Harley, but it’s playing by different rules now,” Dini said.

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090227- ... con09.html

EDIT

The title, I will be picking up is Gotham City Sirens. Streets of Gotham I will collect in trade...or I may just get both as monthlies.

XIII

Post by XIII »

I posted this in the DC forums already. :D Quicker than you are. Except I didn't know about N'Guyen following Dini to Streets of Gotham.
If it's kind of like Gotham Central, I might have to pick it up.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Ah well. I'll use this to post announcements from the other companies.

Mr Wallstreet

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

Some Aspen stuff.

Soulfire was the first topic of discussion. While Mike Turner was unable to finish issue 8 before his death, he did manage to complete ten pages. The rest of the issue will be drawn by Joe Benitez, who will be working on the book until the current series ends with issue 10. "It's a little intimidating with issue 8, I have to step it up and really try to do my best. Try to match or at least get close to Mike. Issue 8, I was a bit negative with it. With issue 9 I think I'm getting pretty good. I'm hoping you guys can dig it", said Benitez. Soulfire #8 will be released to stores on March 18th, with covers by Turner and Benitez and an Aspen Store exclusive variant cover at their website.

Full article:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090227- ... aspen.html