Powers greenlit for TV pilot on FX

General discussions about the books with tights and fights!

Moderator: Mr Wallstreet

Mr Wallstreet

Powers greenlit for TV pilot on FX

Post by Mr Wallstreet »

MGM

Post by MGM »

Nice! Maybe time to collect the series anwhere beyond TPB #1.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

I think Sackoff would be a horrible choice for Deena. It just reminds of of nerds wanting their favorites to play a new nerd.

I can`t think of any I`d like to see as either of them, I`d be happy with no names, FX has a great history of making good shows, so I look forward to seeing the pilot.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

XIII

Post by XIII »

Looking forward to it too. I think the success of Walking Dead has had a good influence on networks greenlitting new shows.
Can't think of anyone for the cast. I'll just complain about who they have picked once they are announced. :D

I think I read somewhere that Preacher is on again, with DJ Caruso masterminding the whole thing like Darabont for Walking Dead.

wolf_2099

Post by wolf_2099 »

XIII wrote:Looking forward to it too. I think the success of Walking Dead has had a good influence on networks greenlitting new shows.
Can't think of anyone for the cast. I'll just complain about who they have picked once they are announced. :D

I think I read somewhere that Preacher is on again, with DJ Caruso masterminding the whole thing like Darabont for Walking Dead.
I saw the same thing, and I won't believe it will actually get made till I see it.

Preacher is very much R material, and I cannot see a studio funding it, it's too controversial and too adult. Or if they do, it will bear no resemblance to the original.
"French is like anal, exotic but oh so unnecessary."

MGM

Post by MGM »

Presumably the latter. I'm figuring Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy could probably be very much the same characters as in the comic, but taking on God? That I doubt.